Monday, December 2, 2013

Washing


don%27t forget to fly


On my mind RIGHT NOW...

All the expectations of the world.
This probably won't be nice or poetic and I'll say now that I'm sorry.

But sometimes, I wonder if this is the only place where our expectations are pushing us further into the ground. 
With all these expectations, it makes it hard to walk, you know. It's near impossible to get anywhere. It's grabbing at our ankles and weighing on our shoulders.
It's like we're being whipped to run faster, but the ropes are pulling us back. and our tennis shoes grind into the linoleum floor. Cracking tile bits flying everywhere.
We are getting no where.

It's like everyone's blind or frozen. They stand as still as stone and continue to stare right through me. I'm waving and screaming in their faces. "Am I the only one who sees this??" But no one can hear me.
I look down at my hands, they're not invisible.
And that's why sometimes it can feel like we're drowning or dead. We're not. It just feels like it. We're still alive but not really living.
But maybe that's the way teenagers are supposed to be. Maybe living's meant for later.
Yeah, maybe that's what we've got the next 75 years for. I think some people really do believe that high school's just a survival camp and isn't meant to be loved. That you go just to get out. But if we are working to work for the rest of our lives, when do we live?
Being alive isn't the same as living a life.

We're not making any progress and I heard that progress is what makes a world class high school.

2 comments:

  1. I'm waving and screaming in their faces. "Am I the only one who sees this??" But no one can hear me.
    I look down at my hands, they're not invisible.

    Ahhhh I love this. This entire thing. I love how you can really create an image for what you are writing rather than just writing words. This is really good. And I totally agree with every word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible. And so real...like seriously.

    "Maybe living's meant for later."

    So many thoughts and images. I love it!

    ReplyDelete